PCN Level III - Ultrasonic Testing (Welds Category)
Why attend this course ?
This course is a combination of the UT Introduction course with appropriate Ultrasonic Testing theory and practical training. This course is PCN recognised and provides excellent preparation for Ultrasonic Testing Level 3 examinations. It meets in full the training hour requirements as specified by the relevant PCN documentation.
(3.1, 3.2, 3.8, 3.9)
Candidates attempting a PCN examination must meet the PCN/GEN requirements. Minimum 5 months industrial experience required.
- Basic concepts
- Principals of ultrasonic testing
- Flaw detector (operation and use)
- Defect location and sizing techniques
- Use of calibration and reference blocks
- Plotting systems
- Examination of samples, welds,castings and wrought products
- Report writing and discussion of relevant standards and specifications (BS, EN etc)
An individual certified to Ultrasonic Testing Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to NDT procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Ultrasonic Testing technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate Ultrasonic Testing codes, standards, specifications and procedures into Ultrasonic Testing instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify Ultrasonic Testing equipment settings
- Perform and supervise Ultrasonic tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare written Ultrasonic Testing instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level 2
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level 2
- Report the results of Ultrasonic tests.
Full PCN certification is only achieved once the required experience is acquired following the completion of the required training hours and passing of the examination:
Ultrasonic Testing (per sector – Welds)
Level 1 – 40 training hours and 3 months experience
Level 2 – 80 training hours and 9 months experience
Level 3 – 40 training hours (+80 hrs for Level 3 Basic) and 36 months experience
Ultrasonic Nozzle & Node
Level 2 – Recommended 32 training hours & requires at least 1 Ultrasonic Testing Level 2 Welds certification
- Scientific calculator
- Overalls/Lab coat
- Safety boots are mandatory in practical areas
- PCN Candidates: PCN wallet card or other form of photographic identification
- CDS: If using own equipment you must bring an in-date calibration certificate with a completed Ultrasonic Equipment Check Sheet. (As found in PCN/GEN APPENDIX C1)
Available Training Dates
Book over the phone
Contact our Customer Service team on
+62 811-6911-899 to check availability.
PCN Tutor MT PT RI UT