PCN Level 3
Why attend this course ?
This Programme run in Partnership with Argyll Ruane IMeche provide detailed guidance course aimed at the PCN Level 3 requirements for NDT practitioners to prepare them for the Level 3 Basic examination. The main objective of the course is to make candidates fully aware of the scope of the examination and level of knowledge required, while also identifying their weak subject areas. Advice will be given on any further tuition required.
Candidates should ideally hold a PCN Level 2 approval in 4 methods with at least 2 years’ experience in NDT/Inspection before attempting the course. See also the latest edition of PCN/GEN for the minimum requirements for examinations.
Candidates may be exempt from certain parts of Level 3 Basic based on their current certifications, please refer to the latest edition of PCN/GEN or contact us for further information.
Argyll Ruane’s online training program allows students to work and track their progress through the course at their own convenience. This provides the opportunity to spend more time on and revisit specific areas of the course that are not fully understood.
The assessments provide an opportunity to test your knowledge. Students are able to attempt these as many times as they see fit but a 70% pass rate is required to progress.
In-class training equivalent: up to 10 days
PCN Level 3 Basic provides ideal preparation for those who are looking to progress to Level 3 certification, improve their knowledge in various methods and increase their experience in preparation for the examination.
Completion is indicated by the green tick alongside each lesson allowing for effective monitoring of progress.
Course notes are able to be downloaded to be viewed on a separate device or printed for future use.
Assessments follow each lesson and will be marked as complete once a 70% pass rate has been achieved, but don’t worry, you can attempt these as many times as you like, even if you get higher than 70%.
The final assessment takes questions from all previous assessments to fully review your learning and refresh your knowledge.
The course is split into modules to break down the learning in to manageable parts.
- Unit PRT1 – Casting
- Unit PRT2 – Wrought Products
- Unit PRT3 – Weld Terminology
- Unit PRT4 – Welding Processes
- Unit PRT5 – Steel Weld Metallurgy
- Unit PRT6 – Weld Defects
- Unit PRT7 – Mechanical Testing
- Unit PRT8 – Cracking
- Unit PRT9 – Other Processes and Technologies
- Unit PRT10 – Terminology
- Unit QA2 – Normative Documents
- Unit NDT1 – Non-Destructive Testing
The module is based on PCN/GEN ISSUE 13 which can be downloaded and referred to whilst you work through the assessment.
- Unit 1 – Scope
- Unit 2 – References
- Unit 3 – Terms and Conditions
- Unit 4 – Abbreviations
- Unit 5 – Duties and responsibilities
- Unit 6 – Levels of PCN Certification
- Unit 7 – Eligibility
- Unit 8 – Industrial NDT Experience
- Unit 9 – Vision Requirements
- Unit 10 – Qualification Examination
- Unit 11 – Examination Exemptions
- Unit 12 – Conduct of Examinations
- Unit 13 – Grading of Examinations
- Unit 14 – Re-examination
- Unit 15 – Publication of Examination Results
- Unit 16 – Certification
- Unit 17 – Validity of Certification
- Unit 18 – Revalidation
- Unit 19 – Complaints and Appeals
- Unit 20 – Change of Employer
- Unit 21 – Supplementary Examinations
- Unit 22 – Certification and Examination Records
- Unit 23 – Use and Misuse of Certificates
- Unit 24 – Transition between EN473; 2008, ISO 9712:2005 and EN ISO 9712:2012
The module focuses on refreshing existing knowledge of a minimum of 4 Level 2 Main Methods, listed below.
- Eddy Current Testing
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Penetrant Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing
Please Contact to Course
Book over the phone
Contact our Customer Service team on
+62 811-6911-899 to check availability.
Trainer, Examiner and Level 3 Consultant Imeche